1. On July 2nd, Beijing time, People's Daily (overseas version) published a news article entitled “Telling Chinese Stories to Open the Door of Communication”. The article focuses on the development of CINB, and the contribution of the directors of the Confucius Institutes like Teng Jing to developing a friendly relationship between China and foreign countries and promoting the world's understanding of the real China. It is as Teng Jing said: "More and more people want to know China, and the Confucius Institutes are their bridges to China."
2. From July 2nd to July 12th, Teng Jing led an eight-member delegation consisting of primary and secondary school principals and teachers from four districts of the NB province to visit China. They arrived at the hotel at 8:00 pm on July 2, then went to Beijing South Railway Station at 6 am on July 3rd. They arrived at Qufu at 11:00 in the morning, visited Gourd Culture Museum of Qufu Normal University at 2 pm. Without having a rest they visited a middle school at 3:30, and a Chinese medicine school at 5:00 pm. They started their trip to China at the rate of "high-speed rail".
3. On July 4, Zhang Honghai, President of Qufu Normal University (QFNU), met with Teng Jing. Teng introduced the development and future plan of CINB. She thanked QFNU for the excellent teachers and the valuable cultural and educational supplies. Zhang praised the achievements of CINB and promised to improve policies and encourage participation to provide more high-quality teachers.
4. On the morning of July 5th, the first Confucius Classroom in New Brunswick, Park Street Elementary School, signed a memo of partnership with Rizhao Experimental School Affiliated with QFNU. The two sides reached a consensus on many aspects, such as teacher/student exchange, curriculum sharing, project co-construction, etc. They said that they will work together to cultivate outstanding students with international vision and cross-cultural background. Their cooperation will help broaden the communication between the two schools and promote their international education.
5. On the afternoon of July 5th, Teng Jing was invited to the Department of College English QFNU (Rizhao Campus) to make a report entitled “International Vision of Foreign Language Teachers”. She pointed out the importance of College English teaching and stressed that students should be trained in listening, speaking and other applied abilities. This report helped the teachers understand the Confucius Institute career , developed their international visions, and encouraged them to actively undertake international communication.
6. On the evening of July 5th, Teng Jing and all the members of the educators group gathered together with 500 teachers and students QFNU (Rizhao campus) to hold the second report of CINB’s “China Trip”. Vice President Hu Qingxue attended the report and delivered a speech. Mr. Zhou Zhichang, the official of the Confucius Institute Headquarters, was invited to attend the meeting. She encouraged the students to participate in the international Chinese education career. Teng Jing shared her experience in developing international visions and improving intercultural communication skills. Meanwhile she invited an excellent former Chinese teacher and two volunteers to share their experience of work and life in CINB. Finally, all the principals and teachers from NB exchanged with the students their ideas on Sino-Canadian cultural and educational exchanges.
7. On July 7, Teng Jing and the delegation attended the graduation ceremony of the Concord Colleges of Sino-Canada in the Great Hall of the People. They witnessed the important moments on the growth path of hundreds of outstanding students. Many of them will go to the world from here. John McLaughlin, Deputy Minister of Education and Early Childhood Development of NB and President of CINB, and Dawn Weatherbie, Vice President of the AEI and Executive Director of CINB were also present at the ceremony.
8. On the evening of July 8, Teng Jing and two officials from Hanban, Liu Ming and Wu Mengyao watched a Beijing Opera in Chang’an Theatre. Yang Jian, a new immigrant of NB and the son of the famous Beijing Opera artist Yang Ronghuan served as art and music director. After the performance, Hanban officials hoped to further strengthen cooperation with overseas Chinese artists and support them to promote traditional Chinese culture internationally.
9. On the morning of July 11, John McLaughlin, Deputy Minister of Education and Early Childhood Development of NB and President of CINB, Dawn Weatherbie, Vice President of the AEI and Executive Director of CINB，Peng Jianhua, Chairman of CINB, Teng Jing and all members of the delegation visited Hanban. Jing Wei, Deputy Chief Executive of Confucius Institute Headquarters, together with the officials from different divisions had a meeting with them. The two sides exchanged views on Hanban's successful supervision of CINB, the five-year plan of CINB, the sustainable development of the qualified Chinese teachers, the English training for volunteers, and HSK examination.
10.On July 12, the delegation's trip to China was successfully completed. Before returning to Canada, everyone said that they had been so moved by this trip to China. Through first-hand experience, they also had a better understanding of Chinese culture. Rien Meesters, Principal of Park Street Elementary School, wrote a long letter to Teng Jing, saying " I also need to speak of the changes on my perspective of China after this amazing experience. Because our two countries are much different in culture, history, politics and social differences it created a mind set that has been drastically changed in only 12 days. I am amazed by the openness of the people and the greenery and cleanliness of these large populated cities.”
11. On July 13, Teng Jing, Liu Xiaowei and Chen Junfeng visited Duodo Technology Co., Ltd. and received online teaching training to learn how to prepare for the upcoming online Chinese language teaching utilizing the network platform and updating educational technology.
12. From July 15th to August 5th, Liu Shujie and Li Shanshan received a three-week training for their future Chinese teaching in Dalian. Finally they passed the course test and got a qualification certificate of international Chinese teaching.
13. On July 17, Teng Jing went to the Communication University of China delivered a speech to more than 160 Chinese teachers who are going to work at the Confucius Institutes. She introduced the promotion of Chinese language in NB province and shared her views on how to strengthen the cooperation between the Chinese and foreign directors. Mr. Duan Yi, an official of Hanban who was in charge of the training, thanked her for her report on the rainy night just before her returning to Canada. He praised that fully reflected her contribution to the career. After the meeting, Wang Yan, who was about to go to the Confucius Institute in Maine as Chinese director, texted her: "Thank you for your selfless share of your valuable experiences with us! I can see that your dedication and personality charm have won the support and recognition of the Canadian side and won the respect of your compatriots. You are my role model!"
14. On July 29th, Chen Junfeng, Wang Jingli and Liu Xiaowei, the outstanding Chinese teacher volunteers who have been working for two years in CINB, successfully passed the selection test for the sponsored Chinese teachers in 2018 and were transferred from volunteers to Chinese teachers after Li Nannan in 2017. The CINB province has provided valuable practical opportunities for Chinese teachers and volunteers, attracting more and more outstanding teachers to give their contribution for the promoting of Chinese teaching.
15. On August 2, local time, Teng Jing, Kimberly and Jennifer discussed the development of the Chinese curriculum in NB. After thorough communication, the meeting reached a consensus on the formulation of the Chinese curriculum for primary and secondary schools in NB. Kimberly stated that this outline will apply to K-12 and will cover Chinese teaching in the whole province in the future.
16. On August 14, Teng Jing was invited to participate the “First Global Confucius Institute Shandong Culture and Tourism Promotion Conference” and spoke as a special guest at the forum. She emphasized that CINB was a project of cooperation between New Brunswick Ministry of Education and Shandong Department of Education, with more than 5,000 students every year. Every year the delegation of students as well as educators from NB visit QFNU to learn about Shandong culture. Liam, a high school student, on the top of Mount Tai said, “I believe this trip to China has turned me a better person”; a principal on the beach of Rizhao said, “We are from the side of the Atlantic and now we are touching the Pacific”. In the end, Teng Jing also told the story of the gourds between the Vice President of the Normal University, Hu Qingxue, and the Kimberly, an official of the Ministry of Education NB. At the conference, Teng Jing was awarded the title of “Confucius Ambassador” together with other 43 Confucius Institute directors. CINB was also selected as one of the 30 Shandong Tourism Overseas Publicity Stations.
17. On the afternoon of August 21st, Teng Jing and Chen Suhan, American Director of the Confucius Institute in Montana, visited Hanban, and cordially talked with Jing Wei, Deputy Chief Executive of the Confucius Institute Headquarters, and Ren Shifang, Deputy Director of the Division of American and Oceanian Confucius Institutes. Teng Jing reported to Jing Wei about the meeting with the Chinese directors, who were going to the U.S., the drafting of the Chinese curriculum in NB, the participation in Shandong tourism summit forum, and the intended cooperation of online teaching and cultural performance between the Confucius Institute in Montana and CINB, which were approved by the Hanban leaders
18. On July 25th Teng Jing, Dai Zunfeng had a meeting with Dawn Weatherbie, Jennifer Graham and Lilian Ketch in Fredericton. At the meeting, Teng Jing made a report on the China tour of the educators, the arrangement of Chinese teachers in the new semester, the revision of the Chinese curriculum, and the joint meeting of the Confucius Institutes in Canada. On August 29th, another meeting was held at AEI to discuss the teaching arrangements for Chinese teachers in the four school districts in the new semester, as well as the Confucius Institute Day and Mid-Autumn Festival in September, Christmas parade in November, the Global Confucius Institutes Conference in December, and the meeting of CINB boards.
1、 北京时间7月2日，《人民日报》（海外版）刊载了题为“讲述中国故事 打开交流之门”的通讯文章。文章着重介绍了加拿大新布伦瑞克省孔子学院的发展历程及滕菁等外方院长为发展中外友好关系，推动世界了解真实中国所做出的贡献。如滕菁所言：“越来越多的人希望了解中国，孔子学院是他们走进中国的桥梁。”
2、 7月2日至7月12日，滕菁院长率领由新省四个学区中小学校长和教师代表组成的8人团访问中国。7月2日晚8点抵达饭店，3日清晨6点出发奔赴北京南站，11点到达曲阜，下午2点参观曲阜师范大学葫芦文化博物馆，3点半访问附中，5点参观中医药学校, 以“高铁速度”拉开了中国之行的序幕。
7、 7月7日，滕菁带领校长团一行在人民大会堂出席了中加学校毕业典礼，见证了数百位优秀学子成长道路上的重要时刻，他们中很多人将会从这里走出中国，走向世界。中加学校一直致力于培养具有“中华情怀、国际视野、生态文明、勇于创新、领导才能、服务社会”的国际化人才。出席典礼的还有新省教育部副部长、孔院理事长John McLaughlin和大西洋国际教育集团副总裁、新省孔院执行理事Dawn Weatherbie。
9、 7月11日上午，新省教育部副部长、孔院理事长John McLaughlin，新省大西洋国际教育集团副总裁、孔院执行理事Dawn Weatherbie，新省孔院理事会主席彭建华，以及滕菁和校长团全体成员访问汉办。汉办副主任、孔子学院总部副总干事静炜带领汉办美大处、文化处、师资处、志愿者处、汉考中心参加了此次会谈。双方就汉办对新省孔院的成功督导、新省孔院五年规划、汉语师资质量的可持续性发展、志愿者英语培训、HSK考试等事宜进行了交流。
10、 7月12日，校长团中国之行圆满完成，启程返回加拿大，动身之前大家纷纷表示对此次中国行有着太多感动，通过近距离亲身体验，对博大精深的中国文化也有了更多的认识。孔子课堂三语学校校长Rien Meesters，写了一篇四千多字的中国行见闻，文中说道“我要谈一下这次美妙的体验使我对中国认识的改变。中加两国文化、历史、政治和社会有着巨大差异，由此造成了认识上的思维定式，但是这短短12天就彻底改变了我的固有看法。中国人的开放包容以及这些人口稠密的城市的绿化和清洁令我感到惊奇。（I also need to speak of the changes on my perspective of China after this amazing experience. Because our two countries are much different in culture, history, politics and social differences it created a mind set that has been drastically changed in only 12 days. I am amazed by the openness of the people and the greenery and cleanliness of these large populated cities.）”
16、 8月14日，滕菁受邀参加首届全球孔子学院山东文化旅游推广峰会并作为特邀嘉宾在论坛发言，指出新省孔院是新省和山东省教育厅合作的政府项目，每年为5000多名当地学生开设中文课。每年三月学生团和七月校长团都会到访曲阜师大，了解体验山东文化。在泰山之巅高中生Liam说 “I believe this trip to China has turned me a better person”，在日照海边一位校长说 “We are from the side of the Atlantic and now we are touching the Pacific” 。最后滕菁还讲述了曲师大副校长扈庆学与新省教育部教学大纲负责人Kimberly一家“葫芦传情”的故事，以“小葫芦、大作为”形象地概括总结了民心相通的要旨。会上滕菁与其他43名孔子学院院长一起被授予“孔子大使”称号，新省孔院也被精选为30个山东旅游海外宣传驿站之一。
17、 8月21日下午，滕菁和美国蒙大拿州孔子学院外方院长陈苏寒拜访汉办，与静炜副主任和美大处任世芳副处长亲切交谈。这是继7月9日陪同以教育部副部长John McLaughlin为首的新省汉办访问团后的又一次到访。滕菁向静主任汇报了与赴美中方院长及教师的座谈、新省汉语教学大纲的拟定及参加山东旅游高峰论坛的情况，并就今后与蒙大拿孔院在k-12的线上教学及文化合作意向谈了设想，得到汉办领导的支持肯定。
18、 当地时间7月25日，教学总督导滕菁和中方院长代尊峰在弗莱AEI总部与Dawn Weatherbie、 Jennifer Graham以及Lilian Ketch举行了每月例会。会上滕菁就校长团中国行、新学年汉语教师安排、汉语教学大纲修订、加拿大孔子学院联席会议等事项作了汇报。8月29日再次在AEI召开会议，就新学年四个学区汉语教师的教学安排以及9月孔子学院日和中秋节、11月圣诞花车游行、12月全球孔院大会和孔院理事会会议等工作进行了部署。